Summer is nearly here and it’s got us thinking about warm nights spent roasting marshmallows on the campfire with friends.
Mmm...what could be better than a freshly roasted marshmallow? A smore, of course!
But wait, what’s better than a smore? Smore Toffee from Two Brothers Toffee! And dare we say it: the only thing better than that is MasterChef Canada’s Beccy Stables’ (1st Place MasterChef Canada Winner 2018) tasty and easy to make toffee recipe for Smores Squares using our oh-so-delicious handcrafted Milk and Espresso toffee!
OOEY GOOEY SMORES SQUARES TOFFEE RECIPE:
- 200g graham cracker crumbs
- 100g Two Brothers’ Espresso Toffee, chopped
- 150 Two Brothers’ Milk Toffee, chopped
- 105g butter, melted
- 500g milk chocolate chips
- 200g whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 55g egg whites
- 150g sugar
- 35g water
- Line a 9x12 baking tin with parchment paper.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, toffee, and butter in a small bowl and stir together until everything is wet.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the baking tin, then chill for 4-6 hours.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan and set it over medium-high heat. Have the chocolate chips ready in a small bowl. When the cream is just about to come to a boil, pour it over the chocolate chips. Stir until thick and glossy, then stir in the chopped toffee.
- Pour this ganache mixture over the set graham cracker base and leave in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, heat the sugar and water until it reaches 118C.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until frothy, then slowly pour in the hot sugar (it should double in volume and start to look shiny). Continue to whisk for another 5 minutes for a medium peak. Spoon the meringue over the ganache and use a cooking torch to caramelize the top.
- Using a clean knife slice the s’mores into squares.
Who says you need a campfire to enjoy this classic treat? This easy homemade toffee recipe is sure to stoke the flames for any evening!
Find Beccy’s other unique creations on her Instagram here (@beccystables)