Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
Taking chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level!
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 9-11 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes including cooling time | Yield: 20-24 cookies (depending on how big you make each cookie)
We aren’t kidding … this is going to be the ultimate greatest chocolate chip cookie you’ve ever made! We have taken tips and tricks from around the globe to create the perfect recipe for this gourmet cookie.
Chocolate chip cookies are not all made equal. Afterall, you can purchase frozen dough and claim you “baked” a cookie (no judgement, we’ve been there, too!). The game changer with making the worlds best cookie is the ingredients that go into it. We’re keeping it simple, but making it fancy using Two Brothers Chocolate & Two Brothers Toffee, the secret ingredients that will leave your friends asking for the recipe!
Of course, store bought chocolate can make a good cookie, but you won’t know what you’re missing until you try baking a cookie with luxury chocolate. But why?! Two Brothers Chocolate actually has less sugar than chocolate found in the grocery store. It does not have the additives added to [insert brand name here] chocolate to increase it’s shelf life and “fill it” to use less of the expensive stuff, the actual cacao. So, for these reasons, gourmet chocolate has the proper taste – not too sugary, not too bitter – and it melts like butter because it’s not filled with crap! Your chocolate chip cookies will have gooey, rich chocolate flavour. If you heat it up and enjoy it a few days later, the chocolate will return to its original melting state because it’s REAL chocolate!
Now, add the toffee and it’s game over! Melting Two Brothers Toffee straight into the cookie adds an element of a candy-taste to an already delish cookie. As it hardens after cooling, you can really taste the candy bits in each bite and. It’s literally divine.
For our recipe, we choose our semi-sweet TB Chocolate and Dark Toffee. You can mix and match however you like, we really believe you can’t go wrong with your flavour pairings on this one!
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup / 2 sticks (227g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) salt
- 1 cup (215g) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (73g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla emulsion)
- Approximately 5 pieces (80g) Two Brothers Dark Toffee chopped into small bits
- 1 ½ cups (216g) Two Brothers Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookie Batter:
- In a medium saucepan, cook butter on medium heat while stirring frequently. In 5-8 minutes, the butter will foam and then brown. Transfer the brown butter into mixing bowl. Let cool to 125 degrees (F) 51.5 degrees (C). For quicker cooling, place into the refrigerator/freezer.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Once butter has cooled, add brown sugar and granulated sugar into the butter. Beat on medium speed and scrape down sides of bowl to fully mix all ingredients. Mix for about 1 minute.
- Continue to beat mixture and add eggs (one by one) and vanilla into mixture. Continue to beat for about 30 seconds until it reaches a lightened color & thickened consistency.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add in dry ingredients while continuing to beat. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl until fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in by hand.
- Once chocolate chips are mixed into batter, add in toffee bits and mix by hand.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to rehydrate the batter. The dough will get thicker as it hydrates.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion dough and place onto sheet spacing them 3 ½ inches apart
- Do not flatten, cookies will spread as they bake.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (optional)
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden brown and firm but the centres are soft.
- Let cool on sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to fully cool.